Monday, July 18, 2011

My Attempt At Box Braiding My Hair

What's up guys!!! I am sooooooo excited right now!!! Why you ask?? Because I am getting ready to box braid my hair! I have been spending the last few weeks trying to decide what the heck I was going to do with my hair while it was transitioning. I was thinking about going to my beautician to put it in a weave or braids or something. But then I looked at my bank account and realized that wasn't gonna happen lol.  So I decided to roll up my sleeves and braid my hair myself. I just got back from picking up some Emotion Braiding Hair for $30. (It would have been $15, but I bought 2 packs. I have some really thick hair!) And now, I just finished conditioning my hair with the VO5 Herbal Escapes Strengthening Conditioner. If you are not up on this conditioner, you are missing out. You can find it at Walmart for $0.95!! It smells so good and leaves my hair feeling very very soft. I am going to let my hair air dry for a little bit and probably blow dry it so I can get started on these braids. It's going to take me ALL day, but I am ready for the challenge. So I will definitely return with pictures of the finished product as soon as possible! <3

2 comments:

  1. That's exciting, I recently braided my oldest daughters hair who is also natural. I will be rebraiding it again right before school starts. I think I want to use a different type of braiding hair this time. So, please do share your thoughts on the hair you used, along with photo's. Happy braiding:))

    Take care,

    zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    zainab's vintage- http://shop.ebay.com/abdul3529/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zainab1,

    I actually really love the hair that I used. It's called Emotion Classic. It looks and feels really natural, and it also braids really well. I used to use Milky Way, but I think this may be my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete