Monday, August 15, 2011

I Just Did The BIG CHOP!

I can't believe I actually went through with it! After I took my box braids down last night and saw all my new growth, I was like, "I'm gonna do it!" So I told my family that I was going to chop it in the morning. My mom kind of freaked out lol. And my brother didn't think I was really going to do it. I think that's what pushed me the most actually. When people don't believe I can do something, it makes me more determined to do it. I think I was more excited than nervous though. I couldn't even really sleep last night. I kept waking up every two hours, looking at my phone to see if it was time to get up and head to the barbershop. I finally got up and got dressed at 10:30, ate some breakfast to give me some energy for the big day (lol) and told my family I was headed to chop off my hair. I was really quiet though because I didn't want anyone to talk me out of it. I took my brother with me for support (yes, the same one who doubted me lol). Then I pulled up to the barbershop, took a deep breath and walked in. All I had to do was tell the barber that I wanted the Big Chop, and the next thing I saw was about 6 inches of relaxed hair falling on the ground in front of me. I didn't cry, back out, scream or anything. I kept looking at my brother to keep me calm, and he kept telling me it was looking good. Finally, the barber edged me up, turned me around and let me look at what I had just let him do. And guess what??? It looked amazing! I don't feel like a boy at all. I actually feel more beautiful, confident, and stronger than I've ever felt before. I'm so happy that I did it and I will never regret it. Now I'm excited to truly embark on this journey to discovering my natural hair!!! <3 <3 <3

P.S.  I'll post pics as soon as possible =)

1 comment:

  1. I applaud your courage and support you all the way.

    ReplyDelete