Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Natural Hair/Hairstyles Really DO Attract Other Races

So I read a blog a few weeks ago that pretty much said that Naturals tend to attract more attention from other races (i.e., Caucasian, Latino, etc). And it's so weird, because I'm really starting to realize that. Now that I have my braids in, I am being approached more by males of races other than those that are African American. In fact, when I wore my hair relaxed, I was almost NEVER approached by males of other races. I think that is very interesting and kind of cool. Who knew that deciding to go back to my roots would invite so much diversity into my life lol. I really can't wait to truly rock my natural hair. I'm even thinking about doing the Big Chop a little sooner than December. Maybe October/November????? We'll see after I take these braids out in a few weeks so I can figure out how much longer I'll be able to deal with the two different textures <3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. I think going natural gives off a different vibe to others. Like you are okay with yourself to be yourself and others can appreciate that.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Paula. It shows that you have a lot of self-confidence and aren't afraid to step outside of the norm.

    ReplyDelete